Tuesday, July 6, 2021

English II - Week 8 - What are they wearing?

  English II - Week 8 - What are they wearing?



Introduction: Hello, and welcome to Week 8 of English II. In today's class we will talk about the following topics:
  • Review of Directions
  • Present Simple and Continuous
  • Clothing Vocabulary
  • Guiding Question: What kinds of clothing do you wear on different occasions?


Activity 1: Giving Directions
One person in your group can share the screen. Then you can play these two games together.



Game 1: Reviewing Directions



Game 2: Following Directions
Read the directions and follow them on the map. Then connect the directions with the correct location on the map. Check your answers.







Activity 2: Give Directions
Practice giving directions. Click your group link and complete the activities with your partners. 



Activity 3: Reading Practice
Click your group link and complete the activities with your partners.


Activity 4: Describe a Scene
Practice describing what people are wearing and what they are doing.


Activity 5: Discussing Clothing
Discuss these questions with your partners.

  • What is your favorite item of clothing?
    • What does it look like?
    • Why do you like it?
    • How often do you wear it?
    • Where did you get it?
  • What are you wearing now?
    • What colors are the different items?
    • Is this your normal style of dress?
  • What do you wear to work?
  • Do you have restrictions about what you can and can't wear?
  • What do you wear in informal occasions?
  • Did your clothing habits change during the pandemic? Why? Why not?


Activity 7: Change the Routine
Imagine you want to do an experiment to change your routine for 24 hours. Use the prompts below to describe your changes.
  • I usually eat ____ but today I...
  • I normally wear ____ but today I...
  • I typically watch _____ but right now I...
  • I usually drink _____ but today I ...
  • I normally work from ____ to _____ but today I ...
  • Think of more example!

No comments:

Post a Comment