Friday, July 9, 2021

Grammar II - Week 8 - Present Continuous

  Grammar II - Week 8 - Present Continuous


Introduction: Hello and welcome to Week 8 of the course English Grammar II. In this course we will cover an intensive survey of a variety of grammar topics. The purpose of this blog is to facilitate our synchronous class activities and to serve as a record that you can refer back to for study purposes.

Today's Goals:
  • Collaborate with your partners to complete a grammar study guide document explaining the main features of the present progressive.
  • Complete some grammar practice exercises to clarify your understanding of these structures.
  • Use the present progressive to describe a change of routine.


Community Builder: Fix the Postcard
Click the link below and use the pen tool to identify all the mistakes in the document. 







Grammar Expansion: Present Progressive
Click on your group link below and comple the exercises to review the grammar points for this week.



Collaborative Practice: 
Let's practice some of these concepts a bit more. Click your group link and follow the instructions in the document.




Communicative Activities: 
Click on your group link below and comple the exercises to review the grammar points for this week.




Group Discussion: A Change of Routine
Imagine you want to do an experiment to change your routine for 24 hours. Use the prompts below to describe your changes.

  • I usually eat ____ but today I...
  • I normally wear ____ but today I...
  • I typically watch _____ but right now I...
  • I usually drink _____ but today I ...
  • I normally work from ____ to _____ but today I ...
  • Think of more examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment