Saturday, July 25, 2020

Poem Analysis - My Spelling Checker

Poem Analysis - My Spelling Checker


Introduction: Work with your group members to read the following poem and complete these tasks.

Task 1: Read the poem with your partners. Each group member should read on stanza paying attention to the rhythm and rhyme. When you finish tell your partners what you think the poem is about. Then continue to the other tasks.

Eye have a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It clearly marks four my review
Miss steaks eye can knot sea

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee for two long
And eye can put the error write
It's rarely ever wrong

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
It's letter perfect all the weigh
My checker told me sew


Task 2: You probably noticed that the poem has many problems with homophones, or similar sounding words and phrases. What homophone errors can you identify? Can you find where these words should go?
  • So
  • Mistake (2x)
  • Or right
  • PC
  • Knows before
  • Straight away
  • Cannot see

Task 3: This poem is an example of irony. What is ironic about this poem?
  • Irony: Noun - Something that seems to be deliberately contrary to expectations and the result if often amusing or funny. 

Task 4: CLICK HERE to read the "corrected" version of the poem. Did you find all of the mistakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment