Monday, January 27, 2020

Useful Language for Tour Guides

Useful Language for Tour Guides

Instructions: The phrases and vocabulary below can be help you when planning your tour and when responding to questions from the tourists. 


Adjectives for Describing Places







Phrases for Showing a Place


  • In front of you is...
  • On your right/left you will see...
  • Up ahead there is...
  • On your left you will see...
  • As we turn the corner here, you will see...
  • In the distance...
  • If you look up you will notice...
  • Look to the east...
  • To your west...
  • In a few minutes we'll be passing...
  • We are now coming up to...
  • As you will see...
  • You may have noticed...
  • Take a good look at...
  • I'd like to point out...
  • Keep your eyes open for...

Responding to Visitor Questions


  • Do you have a question, Sir/Mam?
  • I'll try my best to answer your questions.
  • I'm afraid I don't have the answer to that. (Sorry I don't know.)
  • That's an interesting question.
  • I wish I knew the answer. (Sorry, I don't know.)
  • Hmm.That's a tough (difficult) question.
  • I'll have to ask someone about that.
  • Hmm. I've never been asked that before.
  • I'm not sure, but I can find out for you.


Note
: Content for this post was taken from https://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/tour-guide.htm

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone know which is the best service among those listed on this site?
    Leading Adventure Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Very useful information. There are many Students looking for online english tutor

    ReplyDelete